Find out more about what we think by reading our policy submissions and reports.
You can also find a selection of reports from other organisations relating to MS or neurological services.
MS Trust policy and research reports
We conduct research to build the evidence base about MS services and the issues that are important to people living with MS. Our policy and research publications are one of the ways we share our learning. All our publications are free to download.
- Neurology specialist nurses and multiple sclerosis - November 2014
- Modelling sustainable caseloads for MS Specialist Nurses - November 2014
- MS specialist nursing in the UK 2014: The case for equitable provision - November 2014
- MS specialist nursing in the UK 2014 - June 2014
- Defining the value of Allied Health Professionals with expertise in multiple sclerosis - November 2013
- Defining the value of MS Specialist Nurses - March 2012
- The national audit of services for people with multiple sclerosis 2011 - MS Trust & Royal College of Physicians, September 2011
- The national audit of services for people with multiple sclerosis 2008 - MS Trust & Royal College of Physicians, June 2008
- Measuring the burden of hospitalisation in multiple sclerosis 2009-2014 - MS Trust & NHiS, November 2015
MS Trust comments on NICE technology appraisals
NICE technology appraisals provide guidance on the use of new and existing medicines and treatments within the NHS in England and Wales. These appraisals determine whether it is cost effective for licensed treatments to be made available on the NHS. We respond to technology appraisals on drugs and treatments used in the management of MS symptoms, to treat MS relapses, or that modify the disease course.
- MS Trust consultation response - April 2010 (113KB)
- NICE technology appraisal project documents [ID64] - appraisal suspended February 2011
- dimethyl fumarate BG-12
- MS Trust consultation response - appraisal consultation 1 - August 2011 (31.1KB)
- MS Trust consultation response - appraisal consultation 2 - December 2011 (28.9KB)
- NICE technology appraisal guidance [TA254] - April 2012
- MS Trust consultation response - November 2013 (189KB)
- NICE technology appraisal project documents [ID560] - appraisal suspended July 2014
- MS Trust comments on scope - March 2012 (98.2KB)
- MS Trust consultation response - appraisal consultation 1 - May 2013 (253KB)
- MS Trust consultation response - appraisal consultation 2 - October 2013 (131KB)
- NICE technology appraisal guidance [TA303] - January 2014
A selection of links to external reports on issues relating to MS services or neurology.
- Neurology outpatient analysis - Neurology Intelligence Network, August 2015
- Services for people with neurological conditions: progress review - National Audit Office, July 2015
- Vital signs: Taking the temperature of health and care services for people living with long term conditions - The Richmond Group of Charities, March 2015 (268KB)
- The invisible patients: Revealing the state of neurology services - Neurological Alliance, January 2015
- Measuring up: Improving the quality of neurological data and intelligence - Neurological Alliance, April 2014
- Going the distance: National calls to action to drive neurological service improvement in England - Neurological Alliance, March 2014
- Compendium of neurology data: England 2012-13 - Health & Social Care Information Centre, March 2014
- Atlas of MS 2013 - MS International Federation
- Intelligent outcomes: Applying the health and social care reforms to improve outcomes for people with neurological conditions - Neurological Alliance, August 2012
- Local adult neurology services for the next decade - Royal College of Physicians and Association of British Neurologists, June 2011 (402KB)