A to Z of MS
Click on the relevant link for more information on a topic.
A to Z of MS Ask About Medicines
Ask About Medicines was an independent campaign to increase people's involvement in decisions about their use of medicines. Central to the campaign was the compilation of a list of questions that people might like to consider asking a health professional when they are given a medicine, such as:
- What does this medicine do?
- Why is it important that I take this medicine? Are there any other treatment options?
- When and how should I take it?
- How long should I take it for?
- What should I be aware of when taking this medicine? (eg. possible risks, side effects, taking medicines with certain foods/drinks/activities, what to do if I don't feel well while I am taking it, how to store it safely etc)
- Where can I go for more information?
Ask About Medicines ran an awareness week in November each year. During the 2005 week, the MS Trust worked with Ask About Medicines to run a chatroom on medications for people with multiple sclerosis.
In 2009 it was decided that the Ask About Medicines mission had been achieved and so the campaign ceased operating. The website and resources remain available for people to use for information or other campaigns.