Virgin Active London Triathlon
27 and 28 July 2013
The 2013 London Triathlon returns to its normal slot at the peak of British summertime. Demand for the world's largest and most iconic triathlon increases every year, so we are expecting our places to fill very fast!
The triathlon takes place in and around the ExCel Exhibition Centre and Victoria Docks in London and the route takes in some of the capital's famous landmarks. The event is aimed at people of all fitness levels and there are distances to suit all abilities:
- Super sprint 400m swim, 10km bike, 2.5km run
- Sprint 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
- Olympic 1,500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run
- Team relay enter in a team of 3 and tackle the Sprint or Olympic distances
So whether you are a returning triathlete or considering taking it on for the first time, there really is something for everyone. As part of the MS Trust's team you will receive support every step of the way...
- free triathlon training advice
- free breathable running vest or cotton T-shirt
- comprehensive fundraising pack with personalised sponsor forms
- every penny you raise will make a difference for people with MS
- Individual entry: Download a registration form
- To register for an individual MS Trust charity place, you will be required to pay a registration fee of £50 and pledge to raise a minimum of £550 in sponsorship.
- Team entry (3 people): Download a team registration form
- Each entrant will be required to pay a £50 registration fee, then pledge to raise a minimum of £1,500 in sponsorship as a team (£500 per person).
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the MS Trust on 01462 476707 for more information or if you have trouble downloading the forms.
- Do you already have your own place in the London Triathlon?
- We depend on the support of own place triathletes to raise valuable funds to help us to continue to support the 100,000 people in the UK with multiple sclerosis. If you have secured your own place and would like to take part for the MS Trust, just email us or call 01462 476707 to let us know. For more information about the event, please visit www.thelondontriathlon.co.uk
- Read about Tim Siggs who took part in the London Triathlon, following his own MS diagnosis.
- Find out how Trish Deykin (Team GB), a Triathlete with MS trains and competes in her latest blog
Virgin Active London Triathlon 2012
Thank you to the 10 people who took part in the 2012 Virgin Active London Triathlon on behalf of the MS Trust (including Tim Siggs and Claire Donnelly, pictured below). It was great to have our first team in this event, with nearly £6,000 raised.
Images by Richard Blake Photography