Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Grants and financial help

The MS Trust is not able to help with requests for grants or financial help. However, the following links may be helpful.

For other sources of help, see the Housing Adaptations and Holidays sections.

MS organisations

MS Society
Can provide financial assistance towards the cost of items which are not available through the statutory agencies. Applications can be made to either the MS Society's Grants Team or via a local branch

MS Research and Relief Fund
A charity that will consider grants to part-fund adaptations, equipment or services that may help to relieve the symptoms of MS or improve the quality of life for people affected by MS

Professional organisations and trades union

Organisations associated with a current or former job can sometimes provide or help find financial help in certain situations. Perhaps the best known of these are the charities The Royal British Legion and SSAFA (Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association), which help people associated with the armed services and their families.

Many other professional organisation and trades union have a benevolent fund that can make grants to members and former members.

Association of Charitable Organisations
The umbrella body for benevolent charities that offer support to people involved in a range of professions and to their dependants

TUC (Trades Union Congress)
There is a list of member unions on the TUC website.

Other charities

There are many charities that can provide help in certain situations.

Disability Grants
A website providing links to charities and trusts that support people and families living with a disability.

A charity that helps people access the money available to them - through benefits, grants and other financial help. The website includes the ability to search for funding from other charities.