Talking with your kids about MS
Published March 2010
- Talking with your kids about MS
- What if we don't talk?
- What if we do talk?
- Talking about MS for the first time
- Keep talking
- Will they be upset?
- What should I tell my kids about MS?
- How did you get MS (and will I get it)?
- Can you die from MS?
- What's going to happen?
- Is it my fault you've got MS?
- Should I get my kids to help?
- What can I do to help my kids?
- When should I ask for help?
- Finding the positives
- Further information
Jo Johnson has specialised in neurology since 1995. She has worked extensively with families over the last ten years and facilitates groups for the partners and children of people with MS and brain injury in Sussex.
Information Officer, MS Trust
Thank you to
All the parents with MS who have made this book possible through sharing their experience.
For their help in preparing this publication
- Dr Alexander Burnfield
- Kerry Mutch
- Vicki Matthews