Each NHS trust in England has a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). PALS offers confidential advice, support and information on health related issues and acts as a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.
The role of PALS includes:
- helping you with health related questions and how to get more involved with your healthcare
- providing information about the NHS and about agencies and support groups outside the NHS
- helping to resolve concerns or problems for users of NHS services
- improving services by feeding back concerns, suggestions and experiences from users
- providing information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help in making a complaint.
Last updated: 5 April 2017
Last reviewed: 5 April 2017
This page will be reviewed within three years