What we do to influence health policy
We focus our influencing work on national health policies which affect people living with MS and the health professionals who support them.
MS Forward View
In November 2015 the MS Trust launched a new project to help shape the future of MS services given the need to increase prescribing rates without compromising other aspects of care.
Our values and approach
People are the foundation of our policy work – they enable us to speak out and they keep us relentlessly focused on why we do what we do. We believe that our voice is strongest when we speak on issues where we have expertise, experience and evidence.
Involving you in our policy work
People living with MS are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to involving people living with MS and the health professionals who support them in our influencing work.
What we think
Our policy positions set out what we think about different areas of health policy. These form the basis of our influencing activity.
Our current priorities
The issues we are currently focusing on are:
- Equity of MS service provision
- Efficiency and effectiveness of MS services
- Security of MS services and specialists
- The evidence around the importance of early treatment
- Development of the NICE quality standard on multiple sclerosis
Policy reports and publications
Find out more about what we think by reading our policy submissions and reports.
You can also find a selection of reports from other organisations relating to MS or neurological services.
We belong to a number of campaigning groups and alliances to support our policy and influencing work.
- We attend meetings and present the views of people living with MS and the health professionals who support them
- We share information, helping us all to be better informed about the needs of people using MS services
- We build new relationships which help us influence decision-makers and bring about change.