12th - 14th November 2017, Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel
The MS Trust annual conference brings the MS health professional community together to learn, share expertise and focus on improving care for everyone affected by MS.
This year we are building on the work of MS Forward View and highlighting the importance of delivering holistic care to everyone with MS, with a particular focus on the needs of people with advanced MS.
The MS Trust offers generous bursary schemes for MS nurses and allied health professionals who work with people with MS. We also have bursaries for nurses and AHPs working in other settings such as hospices and care homes.
Online booking for conference will open after Easter.
If you have any questions get in touch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Trust Conference 2016
We were delighted to welcome around 300 health professionals to the MS Trust's 20th annual conference which took place in Windsor from 6-7 November 2016.
The conference provided MS specialist nurses, allied health professionals with expertise in MS and other health and social care professionals with the opportunity to hear about the latest treatments, therapies, developments in clinical practice and research from key opinion leaders. It also offered the chance to share best practice and network with colleagues from around the UK.
You can view a selection of the slides on Slideshare from the plenary and seminar sessions. More presentations will be added as we receive permission from the speakers.
Prizes awarded at the conference were:
- Best poster: Tania Burge, Specialist MS Physiotherapist, North Bristol NHS Trust - Community Based Cool Water Aqua-therapy for people with MS
- Best Development Module students:
- October 2015
- Gillian Robinson, Lead Physiotherapist, MS Therapy Centre Lothian (MSc)
- March 2016
- Leanne Criggie, Infusion Support Manager, Sanofi Genzyme (MSc)
- Amanda Fryers, Senior Staff Nurse, Sue Ryder Aberdeen (MSc)
- Jenny Richardson, MS Specialist Nurse,Hounslow & Richmond Community Healthcare (BSc)
- Nadia Conway, Paediatric Neurology Nurse Specialist, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (BSc)
- October 2015
- TiMS Trophy: Susan Wheeler (MS Specialist Physiotherapist) on her retirement from the NHS and in recognition of the enormous contribution she has given to the management of people with MS during her working life, her work with the TiMS Working Group and the support she has given to the MS Trust over a number of years.