Save the date
Conference date: 12th-14th November 2017
Venue: Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel
We're excited to announce that the 21st MS Trust Annual Conference will be taking place from the 12th - 14th November 2017. This year we are back to a 3 day conference and moving to a new venue, Jury's Inn Hinckley Island Hotel (a short drive from Leicester, Coventry and Birmingham).
Conference plays a pivotal role in enhancing the care of people living with MS by educating MS specialists and driving improvements in services. It is a unique event in the MS calendar and brings together around 300 multi-disciplinary practitioners dedicated to providing the best treatment and care for everybody affected by the condition.
Further details will be added to the website as the programme evolves so keep checking for updates.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch, email: email@example.com
MS Trust Conference 2016
We were delighted to welcome around 300 health professionals to the MS Trust's 20th annual conference which took place in Windsor from 6-7 November 2016.
The conference provided MS specialist nurses, allied health professionals with expertise in MS and other health and social care professionals with the opportunity to hear about the latest treatments, therapies, developments in clinical practice and research from key opinion leaders. It also offered the chance to share best practice and network with colleagues from around the UK.
You can view a selection of the slides on Slideshare from the plenary and seminar sessions. More presentations will be added as we receive permission from the speakers.
Prizes awarded at the conference were:
- Best poster: Tania Burge, Specialist MS Physiotherapist, North Bristol NHS Trust - Community Based Cool Water Aqua-therapy for people with MS
- Best Development Module students:
- October 2015
- Gillian Robinson, Lead Physiotherapist, MS Therapy Centre Lothian (MSc)
- March 2016
- Leanne Criggie, Infusion Support Manager, Sanofi Genzyme (MSc)
- Amanda Fryers, Senior Staff Nurse, Sue Ryder Aberdeen (MSc)
- Jenny Richardson, MS Specialist Nurse,Hounslow & Richmond Community Healthcare (BSc)
- Nadia Conway, Paediatric Neurology Nurse Specialist, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (BSc)
- October 2015
- TiMS Trophy: Susan Wheeler (MS Specialist Physiotherapist) on her retirement from the NHS and in recognition of the enormous contribution she has given to the management of people with MS during her working life, her work with the TiMS Working Group and the support she has given to the MS Trust over a number of years.