Sunday 22 April 2018 - 26.2 miles
The registrations for the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon are now closed. Thank you and best of luck to our team!
Thinking of taking part in 2019?
Register your interest in joining the MS Trust's team for 2019 by clicking the button below and completing your details on the form. We will send you the information about how to apply for an MS Trust Gold Bond place as soon as it is available.
We strongly recommend you also try for a ballot place via the Virgin Money London Marathon website. The public ballot opens on Monday 30 April 2018 and closes Friday 4 May 2018. Those successful in the ballot will find out when it is announced in October (date tbc).
Do you already have a place in the London Marathon?
If you have your own London Marathon place and want to raise sponsorship to support people with MS, we'd love to have you as part of our team. You will recieve all the benefits of running for the MS Trust, without being tied in to raising a minimum amount. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01462 476707 to join our team.
There are lots of reasons to join our team
- Marathon Training Guide (pdf 8.2MB), written for us by a qualified personal trainer, detailing all you need to know on training, nutrition and avoiding injuries. Also, beginners (pdf 244KB) and advanced (pdf 245KB) training schedules.
- A New Year get-together to meet the rest of the team, with talks from a dietician and physio and a group training session.
- Weekly email newsletters with up to the minute training advice
- Post-race reception close to the finish line with hot showers, physio, massage, refreshments - somewhere you can meet up with friends and family in comfort
- Fundraising packs, sponsor forms, running vests - everything we can do to help you maximise your sponsorship
- Support from us all at the MS Trust. We believe in the personal touch when it comes to our runners - with a small charity, it's hard not to get personal - and we're there for you every step of the way!
- The satisfaction of knowing that every penny you raise will count for people with MS. Find out how the money you raise will make a difference.
Thank you to our 2017 team
We would like to say a BIG thank you and congratulations to the 54 people who completed the 26.2 miles through London on Sunday 23 April 2017 on behalf of the MS Trust. To date, the team has raised over £115,000 to help us support people with MS and there is still money coming in.
We would also like to thank all our volunteers who joined us on the day to help cheer the team along and help them find their families at the finish.