Funding for MS services in England: a practical guide explains how MS services in England are currently funded through a complex mix of specialised and local commissioning.
The purpose of this short, practical guide is to help those involved in delivering or commissioning MS services in England to:
- Understand the current mix of specialised and local commissioning in MS services in England (at at 2016)
- Understand how money moves through the system and the types of contractual models typically used in different care settings
- Understand how different types of referral affect who pays for services
- Visualise how the patient pathway is funded depending on where services are delivered and how the patient is referred
- Identify the economic analysis that will help you write stronger business cases for service developments
- Be aware of likely changes to the commissioning of MS services in England