This fund was established in 2013 to enable registered nurses to best meet the needs of people with MS by expanding their MS knowledge and skills.
All registered nurses who work with people with MS are eligible to apply to the fund; although priority will be given to those working at a higher level of practice and to those working solely within the speciality of MS. Specifically it will enable those who are working in a clinical role with people with MS to undertake higher education or attend courses, conferences, study days or masterclasses to develop their clinical expertise or expand their skills base with particular emphasis on the areas of research, evaluation, management or leadership.
Only fully comprehensive and typed applications will be considered, which will then be sent to the steering committee for approval. See the bursary fund rules for details of submission and notification dates. Applications are sent to the steering committee for review on the 1st of each month; applications received after the 1st will not be sent for review until the following month.
- all sections of the form must be completed and be submitted in a typed format
- incomplete forms will not be assessed
- ensure that you clearly specify your learning outcomes
- complete details of who will fund the balance of costs
Forms and rules
- download a copy of the John Harrison Bursary Fund Rules (PDF, 128 KB)
- download a copy of the application form (DOC, 307 KB)
- please type your application and return it to us by email, by fax on 01462 476 710 or post once completed
If you have a query please email the MS Trust.
Practical guides and useful links
Enhance your MS services with our collection of guides, links to professional organisations, clinical guidelines, policy briefings, reports, and related websites.