In the latest issue of Open Door (February 2017)
- Hollyoaks character diagnosed with MS
- Winners of 2016 QuDos Awards revealed
- Thanks to our supporters, we're bringing new MS nurses to Leicester
- Low vitamin D levels in newborns linked to greater risk of MS in later life
- Get a 20/20 vision of the city and raise funds
- New bursaries to improve care in severe MS
- Positive trial results for MS drugs
25 years of MS nurses
To celebrate 25 years of MS specialist nursing, we catch up with some of the first MS nurses to find out how care has changed during this time, and the challenges we still face to ensure nobody has to manage MS alone
Balancing hope and hype
Focus on childhood MS
With an increasing number of young people being diagnosed with MS, Open Door visited Great Ormond Street Hospital to meet paediatric MS specialist nurse Katie, and two of the young people she works with: Mohammed, 17, and Eden, 15.
New technology in MS rehab
- How one London business is making a difference for people living with MS
- Why taking part in a half marathon is helping Heather Alden deal with her MS diagnosis
There are lots of ways you can get involved and support our work helping everyone affected by MS. Here are just a few ideas:
- MS Awareness Week - Save the date! Be Bold in Blue this MS Awareness Week (24-30 April) to raise awareness and funds. Get in touch for a pack full of ideas.
- MS Circuit Challenge - Join our fun family day out at the Goodwood Motor Circuit on 21 May. Cycle 50 miles around the track or join our fully accessible ‘by any means’ challenge.
- Superhero Tri - Enter a team in this brand new and fully accessible triathlon event on 19 August. Team up with friends or family to swim, bike or walk/run/wheel a distance that suits you.
- Survival Skills Weekend - Leave the modern world behind and learn to build shelters, light fires and forage for food in Ashclyst Forest, East Devon from 23-25 June.
- British 10k London Run - Join our team on 9 July, you don’t need to have any previous running experience and we offer discounts for groups of 6 or more
15 minutes with MS Trust supporter Trudi Lampart-Macdonald
If you would like to receive a copy of Open Door in larger print, please get in touch.