The MS Trust only has a small team of staff, based in Letchworth in Hertfordshire, so we rely on our volunteers to act as our representatives around the UK. Our volunteers act as the face and voice of the MS Trust in their local area, raising funds and awareness of MS and our services.
Volunteering not only helps the MS Trust continue to support people with or affected by MS, it can also be a lot of fun too. It’s a great way to meet people in your local area along with building up valuable work experience which can be added to you CV.
There are many ways in which you can help, giving as little or as much time as you can fit in. The roles include:
- helping in a local Christmas card shop
- raising awareness by displaying our posters
- placing collection tins in your local cafés/shops
- organising a collection in your local area
- joining a cheering squad at one of our events
- speaking about MS and the MS Trust for local groups and events
- attending cheque presentations • organising fundraising events
- becoming a Friend of the MS Trust and setting up a fundraising group
There are over 100,000 people with MS in UK who could benefit from accessing our services, and we want to reach out to all of them. By volunteering, you can help us do this.