You might be coming to MS Decisions because:
- you are looking for a general introduction to the range of DMDs that can be prescribed by a neurologist for RRMS so that you can get familiar with the options for treatment.
- you have seen your neurologist or MS nurse and talked about the possibility of starting treatment and want to know what to expect and what you need to consider
- your neurologist may have given you several specific options to consider and you want to compare these DMDs so that you can go to your next clinic visit with your own thoughts and questions
- you are already on a DMD and you are considering switching to another one.
Whatever your situation, MS Decisions can help you by:
- providing reliable information about DMDs for RRMS in a format that makes it easy to compare
- exploring topics that you might want to think through when making your decision
- helping you prepare for your appointment with your neurologist or MS nurse
MS Decisions was highly commended in the 2016 BMA Patient Information Awards. The award reviewers described the guide as an "excellent resource that will help many people through a difficult decision".
Background to MS Decisions
MS Decisions has always been an independent site and no funding from pharmaceutical companies has been taken for its development or maintenance.
The MS Decisions website was originally developed by a group of organisations led by the Department of Health Medicines Partnership, with initial development funding from the Department of Health. The MS service at University College London NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) was integral to the creation of the site and has driven its development throughout. In April 2006 the ownership and management of the website became the responsibility UCLH and UCL who fully updated the site content in 2009. During this time, the MS Trust supported with implementing edits recommended by the UCL editorial group.
Building on the strength of MS Decisions to deliver independent information that meets the needs of people with MS, the MS Trust took over the responsibility for the website during 2014 with a view to updating the content and delivery of the decision aid.
That update culminates in the re-launch of MS Decisions as an integral part of the MS Trust's own website. Funded by the MS Trust with contributions from a number of grant funders, MS Decisions remains an independent resource and has similarly taken account of the views of people with MS and their health professionals, involving UCL in a steering capacity, as well as neurologists and MS nurses through an Editorial Board.
In enabling this development, the MS Trust wishes to thank UCLH and UCL for their continued support and contributions to this development, as well as the following grant funders:
- The February Foundation
- The Sylvia Adams Trust
- The Astor Foundation
- The Goldsmiths Company