Monster Ski - ski & snowboard challenge
Chamonix: 13 - 17 March 2015
Join our Monster Ski team and ski the height of Mount Everest every day for three days, in the world famous resort of Chamonix.
Monster Ski is a ski experience like no other - 90,000 vertical feet over three exhilarating days. The challenge is open to skiers and snowboarders with a sense of adventure and a drive to raise funds to help people with multiple sclerosis (MS). Since our first event in 2008, 79 people have taken part in Monster Ski for the MS Trust, raising over £407,000 to support our work.
Chamonix is one of the oldest ski resorts in France. The extensive ski area is renowned for its high altitude, varied terrain and deep snow. With the majestic Mont Blanc towering above, Chamonix will be a superb destination for the MS Trust's seventh Monster Ski challenge.
Monster Ski includes:
- Return flights with SWISS from London Heathrow to Geneva (including free ski carriage)
- Private return transfers from Geneva airport to Chamonix
- Accommodation for 4 nights at the 3 star Hotel Alpina in Chamonix, based on two sharing a Standard Room
- 3 day Mont Blanc Unlimited lift pass
- 3 day event - ski 30,000 vertical feet a day to achieve a total of 90,000 vertical feet
- Private ski guides (participants will be divided in groups of 6-8)
Registration fee: £150
Minimum sponsorship: £1,500
For more information about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01462 476707.
Please note: To take part in Monster Ski you need to be a competent skier or snowboarder - the challenge is not suitable for beginners. You must be able to cope confidently with a European red run, link parallel turns and ski/board for three consecutive days, no matter what the conditions.
Words cannot describe exactly how good this event was. It far exceeded my expectations and I can't recall ever having so much fun!Tony, Monster Skier
I've just about recovered from the Monster Ski challenge! What a fantastic week... Fantastic place, fantastic friends, fantastic charity.Keith, Monster Skier
Thank you to everyone who took part in Monster Ski in March 2014
The group of 15 skiers (pictured below) have raised more than £22,800 to help fund the work of the MS Trust. This amount of money would enable our Information Team to respond to around 1,145 personal enquiries from people affected by MS, answering their questions and offering expert support.
"Monster Ski really is a significant challenge but immensely rewarding and all who have taken part this year would thoroughly recommend it for future participants." Russell, Monster Ski 2014
- View photos from Monster Ski 2014 on Flickr
- Read the Monster Ski 2014 blog
- A ski trip with a difference: Sarah's Monster Ski experience
Agents for Osprey Holidays Ltd (trading as Ski Independence ) ATOL protected 0749