If you already have an idea in mind, think about how much time you have to organise the event and what help you'll need. Generally events take longer to organise, and there's always more to think about, than people first think.
Please let us know what you are planning; we love to talk through ideas and have lots of resources that could help you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01462 476707.
You might also like to ask for some of our fundraising materials:
- posters with a space in the middle for you to personalise and advertise your event
- easy to read leaflets summarising the work of the MS Trust
- collecting boxes
- MS Trust stickers, balloons, flags
- MS Trust T-shirts
Planning your event...
You might find it useful to run through the points below. Please also take the time to read through our health and safety considerations.
Basic details and manpower
- When and where will your event be?
- How much will it cost? Could you get costs covered by local companies etc?
- How will you raise money? How much could you raise?
- How many friends do you have who would be willing to help? Is a committee needed?
- Consider incorporating more than one idea to boost fun and profits. For example, could you hold a raffle half way through your quiz evening?
Consider the costs...
- Postage, printing, photocopying, hiring equipment, advertising... it all adds up. Try and get what you can supplied free of charge.
...and the potential income
- Tickets/entry fees, sponsorship, donations, raffles/auctions, sale of goods, refreshments...
- If you plan to hold your event in a public place, you'll need to get permission from the police and your local authority (the council or metropolitan borough).
- If your event will involve performers, you may a public entertainment licence. Please get in touch with your local authority for further information.