Whether it was a shock or largely expected, being diagnosed with MS can leave you in a bit of a whirl. Looking back, how did you cope? What could you have done differently and what would you suggest to someone diagnosed today? People with MS have taken part in a series of videos to pass on their experience and offer support to anyone who has recently been diagnosed.
What is your advice to someone who is newly diagnosed with MS?
- “Whatever is right for you, you need to do.”
- “Don’t feel pressured by yourself or by anyone else around you.”
- “Don’t scare yourself and just take things one step at a time.”
- “Don’t make snap decisions.”
And some perspectives on diagnosis, now that a bit of time has passed:
- “It’s OK if you’re not OK. It’s OK if it is a shock to you.”
- “Every person’s MS is different.”
- “It’s very much about me. My MS is about me.”