Dates: 3-5 November 2019, Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel
There is no other event like the MS Trust conference!
The MS Trust annual conference is a fantastic event for MS health professionals to come together to learn, share expertise and focus on improving care for everyone affected by MS. Conference provides an opportunity for MS teams to update their knowledge on the latest developments in MS care and treatment and to network with other health professionals who share a special interest in MS.
This year we are focusing on the needs of people with MS across the disease trajectory from diagnosis to end of life and highlighting the importance of delivering holistic care to everyone with MS. It takes MS specialist nurses, AHPs with expertise in MS and MS neurologists to provide and co-ordinate integrated, holistic care for people living with MS. They need to work closely with a variety of health and social care professionals across different specialities and organisations to achieve this.
The programme has sessions at both novice and expert level and there is time built in for shared multi-disciplinary learning, helping teams make a difference to people with MS now. View the draft programme and learning outcomes.
What does it cost?
The full conference fee is £600 inclusive of VAT, for a three day programme and incudes two night’s accommodation on Sunday and Monday.
You can book accommodation on Saturday 2 November at an additional cost of £100, inclusive of VAT. Please specify when making your online booking if you require accommodation on Saturday night; you are responsible for settling this cost directly with the hotel on departure.
Help with funding your attendance
To help fund your attendance, the MS Trust offers generous bursary schemes for MS nurses and specialist therapists who work regularly with people with MS. We also have bursaries for nurses and allied health professionals working in other settings such as hospices and care homes.
For further information email email@example.com or telephone 01462 530075
Highlights from this year’s programme
Expert speakers include:
- Dr Peter Brex, Consultant Neurologist, London
- Dr Matt Craner, Consultant Neurologist, Oxford
- Michelle Davies, MS Service Lead and Specialist Practitioner, Poole
- Dr Sohier Elneil, Consultant Urogynaecologist & Uro-Neurologist, London
- Professor Bobbie Farsides, Professor of Clinical and Biomedical Ethics, Brighton
- Mary Fraser, Lead MS Specialist Nurse, Cambridge
- Professor Gavin Giovannoni, Professor of Neurology, London
- Dr Wendy Hendrie, Specialist Physiotherapist in MS, Norwich
- David Herdman, Senior Specialist Physiotherapist London
- Dr Charles Hillier, Consultant Neurologist, Poole
- Dr Ruth Isherwood, Consultant in Palliative Medicine, Denny
- Dr Paul Molyneux, Consultant Neurologist, Cambridge
- Dr Anita Rose, Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist, Tonbridge
- Dr Eli Silber, Consultant Neurologist, London
- Christine Singleton, Specialist Clinician and Project Manager, Birmingham
- Dr Joost Smolders, Neurology Resident, Nijmegen
- Dr Neil Stanley, Independent freelance sleep expert
Planned conference sessions include
- Sleeping well with MS
- Advance care planning
- Immunology workshop
- The impact of gynaecological problems on sexual dysfunction
- Implementing a MS pregnancy service
- Management of ataxia
- Understanding PIP
- Optimising gait
- Cannabis- the good, the bad and the ugly
- Keeping people with advanced MS moving
- Management of vestibular and balance disorders
- Using FES to improve bowel function
- Bloods – why monitoring is important
- A practical guide to stopping disease modifying therapy
- Vitamin D and MS
- Gut microbiomes and their impact on MS
Funding your learning
We run generous bursary schemes for nurses and allied health professionals working with people with MS which can support your continuing professional development.
Enter our poster competition
Thinking about submitting a poster at the MS Trust conference? Use our research poster resources to help you share your work.