The MS Trust does not provide grants or financial help. However, the following links may be helpful.

MS organisations

MS Society

The MS Society can provide grants. The MS Society's Grants Team web page has information on what grants can be given and the eligibility criteria. Applications for grants should be made via your local branch.

MS Research and Relief Fund

A charity that will consider grants to part-fund adaptations, equipment or services for people affected by MS

Professional organisations and trade unions

Organisations associated with a current or former job can sometimes help. Many other professional organisation and trades union have a benevolent fund that can make grants to members and former members.

Association of Charitable Organisations

The umbrella body for benevolent charities that offer support to people involved in a range of professions and to their dependants. Website has a list of member charities.

TUC (Trades Union Congress)

There is a list of member unions on the TUC website.

Other charities

Disability Grants

A website providing links to charities and trusts that support people and families living with a disability.


A charity that helps people access the money available to them - through benefits, grants and other financial help. The website includes the ability to search for funding from other charities.


Help with fuel costs

Many energy suppliers are part of a scheme called the Warm Home Discount, which offers reduced rates to low-income or vulnerable customers, such as people with a long-term health condition. Rules about who qualifies for the reduced rates varies from company to company, so contact your energy supplier and ask for details of the Warm Home Discount.

Home Heat Helpline

A service run by Energy UK, an umbrella organisation for energy suppliers, to advise customers in receipt of benefits about the help on offer with fuel bills.

Last updated: 24 September 2015
This page will be reviewed within three years